DO YOU WANT TO FIND THE BEST ENGINEERING JOBS?
South Florida IT Staffing is the #1 staffing firm in Miami.
We specialize and excel at engineering staffing & know exactly how to find high-quality engineering jobs. We offer a very pleasant hiring process for the engineering job seeker and employer involved.
Whether you’re looking for a temporary contract or permanent employment, South Florida IT Staffing is the right recruiting partner to help you find the best employers in the Engineering industry.
Employer: 40+ year, manufacturing and distribution industry leader, headquartered in Miami.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Business Unit: Engineering
Reports To(Title): Operations General Manager
Salary: $75,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.A.) in engineering from a four year College or University.
- Working knowledge of diesel and natural gas engines and their application in engine driven equipment
- Must understand engine specifications
- Must be able to work with engine governing systems and their adjustments and calibrations
- Knowledge of EPA laws governing the use of off-road engines
- Able to design various systems needed for proper engine application. ie cooling system, exhaust system, mounting….
- Able to complete engine application reviews.
- Able to design enclosures for engine driven equipment. Generator set enclosures must be compliant with UL2200
- Able to design integrated sub-base fuel tankscompliant with UL142 and UL2085
- Able to design trailers from 2,900lbs to 20,000lbs understanding of DOT’s requirements.
- Must have vast knowledge of engine driven low voltage power generation (600vac or less).
- Must be able to properly select AC generators for UL2200, electric motor starting, prime applications, Marine applications, also know losses due to specific voltages and efficiencies.
- Must be able to design electrical distribution systems. ie circuit breakers, enclosures….
- Must be able to select,adjust, and calibrateAC voltage regulatorsfor various applications
- Must have proficient knowledge of generator sets control systems and their various options.
- Understand generator paralleling systems a plus
- Able to make pump selection based on a design point.
- Able to size engines to drive a pump
- Understanding of different pumping system a plus. ie…irrigation, sewage, axial flow.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Solidworks or some related CAD platform
- Ten years of experience in design and project engineering of mechanical & electrical gensetspower generation equipment
- Ten years of experience in related career field/manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, Implement and interpret the goals & objectives, policies & procedures of the engineering/production business practice.
- Able to keep our products competitive in an ever changing market.
- Computer literacy/experience required in a Microsoft environment.