(Diesel Engine) Shop Mechanic – Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Full diesel mechanic – minimum three (3) years of experience diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and overhauling diesel engines.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems components – turbo, fuel injection, A/C, EGR, pumps, alternator, starter, drive train, etc.
- Knowledge of diesel engine assembly practices, specifications and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Effective analytical skills and the ability to identify problems quickly.
- Ability to read and understand automotive diagrams and reference manuals.
- Experience and ability to use common hand and power tools.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong initiative.
- Ability to obtain internal forklift certification within 90 days of employment
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral required; written preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card within 30 days of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full maintenance of the company’s fleet (i.e., vehicles, mules, forklifts and top loaders).
- Inspect, analyze, test, measure, repair and perform full or partial overhauls on any of the assemblies and sub-assemblies of heavy-duty Diesel engines and gas-powered equipment. Perform entire engine disassembly and reassembly (Inframe/Outframe) to restore engine to pristine condition.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Perform electric and hydraulic restoration
- Perform routine maintenance checks on diesel engines and on fuel, brake, and transmission systems to ensure peak performance, safety, and longevity of the equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and maintain an awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, equipment, etc.) at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Diesel engines
- Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible