The Strategy Manager serves as the head of Corporation America’s corporate strategy function. The role is responsible for evaluating market forecasts, and long-term trends, collecting competitive intelligence, driving cross-functional business processes, and maintaining business model innovation. The Strategy Manager will liaise with our corporate strategy office and synchronize plans with the region. The Strategy Manager must be dedicated to achieving strategic excellence with a genuine interest in helping the company succeed to take the business to the next level of growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
The Manager, Strategy will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Develop and execute the strategic plan and strategies for the business collaborating with the regional leadership team, global and regional functions, internal and external experts, and corporate strategy group
- Analyze market dynamics, market changes, product line performance, and competitive intelligence to distill opportunities for the company.
- Identify key capital projects, joint ventures, potential M&A targets, and other strategic opportunities to meet our aggressive growth goals
- Ensure suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress and monitor the execution of business initiatives
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, problem-solving, collaboration, and employee engagement which becomes the standard by which all employees operate
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Travel Demands: Anticipated domestic and international travel is approximately 10% depending on business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
|X||BS Degree in Engineering or a related technical field
MBA is preferred, but not required
|X||5+ years of strategic experience (e.g., corporate strategy, business development, consulting) in an industrial manufacturing environment|
|X||Working knowledge of electrification, industrial, off-highway markets, strategy, and business development|
|X||Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.|
|X||Familiar with the challenges and opportunities facing a manufacturer of internal combustion engines|
|X||Extensive knowledge of business operations principles, procedures, and best practices|
|X||Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills, work in a matrix organization, obtain results through others, and influence change in areas outside of direct responsibilities|
|X||Strong strategy development and project management knowledge|
- Fluency with SAP
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and to react with good business sense to challenging situations
- Strong knowledge of tracking market developments and benchmarking best practices to identify opportunities and risks
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and a sense of ownership
- Leads by example and demonstrates high personal energy, a sense of ownership, and instills a culture of accountability throughout the team
- An effective communicator in both large and small group settings able to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Knowledge of the German language is a plus
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism (e.g., formulas and equations) in difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Concentration/Attention to Detail (Constant)
- Vision (Close, Constant)
- Sitting (Frequently)
- Communication (Frequent)
- Standing (Frequently)
- Walking (Frequently)
- Hearing/Listening (Frequently)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.