Credit Analyst – Norcross, GA
The primary mission of the Credit Analyst is to ensure that customer credit risk is properly evaluated and monitored to optimize working capital and profitability for a specific customer portfolio. The Credit Analyst will work with the Director of Credit Management and other departments leveraging customer credit information to promote company revenue growth. Responsibilities will focus on the evaluation/management of risk and monitoring customer payment performance.
- Provide invoice copies and/or supporting documents to customers
- Organize and coordinate conference calls with customers and the sales team
- Adhere to company credit policies
- Reduce risk exposure
- Perform credit and collection activities
- Partner with other departments to resolve customer issues and bring unpaid items to a satisfactory resolution
- Proactively review late paying customers for pay habit improvement
- Manage credit holds and order releases as appropriate
- Make customer contact to proactively assist in paying invoices as necessary
- Review credit applications, customer financials, and credit reports
- Establish appropriate credit limits
- Assist with month-end reporting
- Account reconciliation
- Escalate potential customer issues promptly
- Periodic reporting to the Director of Credit Management of key performance indicators, trends, and underlying causes of delinquency
- Processing of credit card payments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking.
- +5 years of experience with a manufacturing company
- Credit review and approval experience
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a particular focus on intermediate/advanced Excel. Significant experience with pivot tables and vlookups is required.
- Large ERP experience required, SAP a plus.
- Ability to work independently, make improvement suggestions, and work in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, and ability to remain calm under pressure is required.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Office environment with HVAC. Noise level consistent with an office environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.