Charleston, South Carolina – Diesel Engine Field Service Technician
A 150+-year-old, leading engine manufacturer and service provider in the world, is seeking a skilled Diesel/Gas Engine Service Technician to join our TEAM in the Charleston South Carolina area.
SALARY: We offer a competitive salary in the $30/hour to $45/hour range.
BENEFITS: 401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick days, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, and Tuition Reimbursement.We are searching for a career-oriented individual with superior customer service and organizational skills. The candidate will be under the direction of the Service Supervisor. Duties will include troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of diesel engines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· 3 + years experience as a diesel engine field service technician.
· Capable of a diesel engine rebuild, overhaul, repair, and preventative maintenance
· Expert in reading electrical schematics and blueprints.
· Tier IV engine experience a plus.
· DEUTZ diesel engine experience is a plus.
· Experience in performing maintenance and troubleshooting on diesel engines.
· Must possess experience with 2 or more of the following diesel engines: DEUTZ, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Perkins, Kubota, Yanmar, John Deere, and/or Isuzu.
· Computer literate to include manufacturer’s diagnostic programs
· High School Diploma or GED
· Excellent communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license Strong attention to detail
· Make service calls to our customers keeping both customers and the Service Supervisor informed of job progress.
· Process paperwork promptly. Maintain housekeeping, in the service truck and at customer property.
· Provide mechanical and electrical repairs to various diesel engines.
· Effectively diagnose, repair, adjust and recondition diesel engines found in heavy equipment and/or construction equipment
· Maintain truck inventory.
· Must be willing to travel and work overtime as needed