Job Salary: $25/ph -$40/ph
The Expeditor is responsible for planning and managing the continuous delivery of production to guarantee accurate and timely on-hand quantities based on production and lead time parameters.
- Identifies materials and component requirements for production and production specifications and schedules.
- Works with the Buyers and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery against open orders and forecasts, and conducts meetings as needed on recovery plans.
- Resolve invoice exceptions, track price discrepancies, and coordinate supplier/product lead times.
- Monitor supplier capacity against production orders and forecasts.
- Manages purchase orders/schedules with approved suppliers as necessary.
- Expedites parts as necessary to meet changing production levels.
- Communicate interdepartmentally concerning lead time on material or products and manage daily business relationships with approved suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the supply chain, purchasing, or production planning preferred.
- Expertise in material requirements planning, production planning, inventory control, and expediting techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scheduling with MRP and production planning systems (i.e., SAP MM, PP).
- BA or BS Degree in a Business or Manufacturing related field preferred.
- Ability to learn new systems and procurement/planning knowledge base.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- A high-energy result driven, individual that is process oriented with the ability to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” to support production and launch activities.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and paradox in a fast-paced environment of change.
- Excellent priority management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-start and work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done and taking the required actions to maintain production.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Multitasking skills are a must.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this
position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and perform other duties
requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.