Diesel Engine Assembler – North Kansas City, MO
Salary Range: $22/hour – $28.00/hour
Diesel Engine Assembler will be responsible for performing preventative and routine repairs on all DEUTZ products, assigned equipment and engine repairs, assembling new engine packages and pre-assemble fitted components in the production shop at the Service Center North Kansas City in North Kansas City, MO.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Assemble engine packages from detailed assembly Bill of Materials
- Assemble engine packages regarding accuracy and quality.
- Install completed packages to shipping skids.
- Ability to read follow design drawings
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs or production engine builds.
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs or Value Add builds
- Maintain production line equipment
- Ability to perform maintenance related repairs.
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per company or OEM return parts guidelines
- Maintain all work areas in a clean and safe condition
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Complete all work orders, builds and time sheets in a timely manner
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel
Qualifications/ Experience, Training, Education:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial equipment repairs
- Strong working knowledge of electrical circuits and how to troubleshoot them.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone)
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools
- Candidate must have own tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines.