Diesel Engine Field Service Technician – Tampa, FL
Field Service Technician – Tampa, FL
Field Service technician(s) will be responsible for performing field related preventative and routine repairs on all DEUTZ products operating within DEUTZ Florida area of operation.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all of the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Ability to travel to customer(s) locations to perform maintenance / engine related repairs.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure that the Vehicle and facility is clean, organized and presents a positive image of DEUTZ.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned.
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs is in line with a manufacturer.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per DEUTZ Power Center return parts guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Consult, when necessary, with DEUTZ Service Team to ensure accuracy and approval of repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices.
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- Periodic travel with Overnight stays to branches / factory.
- Overtime hours as work demand dictates.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and /or a minimum of five years Diesel engine experience.
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred.
- Experience in diagnostics & tooling used in newer Tier 3-4 emissions diesels.
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Candidate must have own tools.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Ability to lift / carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions